Dilbert!





Random Quotes




Joke of the Day


These jokes are from an external site - Pardon me if not in your liking!!!



Saturday, December 10, 2011

Federer - what holds for him the next season

It was unbelievable to see the Federer of the past last week when he mauled everyone to his title defense at O2 claiming his 6th Tour Finals

Personally being a huge fan I could be completely biased about this, but can't stop me from being excited about what is at stack for Roger next season and also the Gotham City with the Nolan's Dark knight Rises release next summer, hehe.. m getting carried away there.



Ofcourse the priority would be the Grandslams.. Would be interesting to see if he can translate his year end form into the next season. It was interesting to notice even through a what might be considered a poor year for him by his standards, have to be fair to him that he lost few close battles and definitely his French open show was the best as far as Grand slams were concerned this season.. Just not meant to was the USOpen match against Djokovic..

But the bigger picture is he would be excited about 2 stuff next year.. Yes I am gonna say it Olympics and the Davis Cup. As we know it won't all a cakewalk for the Swiss team in the Davis Cup.. Realistically he has better chance at winning the olympics gold than making his country lift the Davis cup.

Again once the season is underway there will be lot of guys pushing themselves for the elite once-in-four-year event, but Federer having won almost everything is chasing that one thing that has eluded him, the Olympics singles Gold.. He knows the value of it and I know he is going to push it hard at that event irrespective of the results in the Grand slams.

Still federer is one short of Sampras' record 7 Wimbledon, not sure if Roger can go on to beat that record especially after seeing him to fail racking semis last couple of years. But for sure he will be looking to equal his Idol pistol Pete's 7 at SW19..

As a fan, I wish he wins every tournament he turns up next season, but that would be greedy from my part and to deprive the sport itself the excitement

First Up it's going to be interesting how the beginning of the season is going to be.. All I can say is 'All the best to Roger' and all his dear-most fans ahead of a great new season.

Christmas Greetings!!

No comments:


It's been a long time since my last update, and I know there are no visitors whatsoever for my blog, but i guess it's time again that I started to blog again, I still don't know why though, what has gotten into my mind lately; something to keep it all interesting I guess!